Swap O Rama #7, it's about time!!!! geez...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll probably be in next round and you can show em how its done!

I'm in this in spirit. The dear moderator will be getting a box from me before this thread ends. Just waiting on one more bottle release to happen. It still hasn't been set yet, but hopefully in the next week or so it will happen.

Is this a race then? I could possibly get mine in the mail tomorrow, but I'm going to try and aim for Friday or Monday.
Need to round up a couple more selections. Rainbow is done. I've got some that are close but different as well as completely different styles under 10 SRM, and some above 10 also. Now to round up the stouts and IPAs.... Already have my box. How do those boxes with side laying trays stand up in shipping? I've bought stuff online and never had one broken shipped in those. I'm pretty much stuck using that since the styrofoam insert box won't handle more than 12 bottles, and I'm not shipping two boxes.

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

No, this is absolutely not a race. There are just a couple guys that I know ship very quickly. I wont be surprised to see val have his shipped by tonight or tomorrow lol. He moves like lightning!

It's more important that the box be packed well and shipped by may 23. That is the only guideline as far as shipping speed. I wasnt trying to rush anyone at all.

Ha ha... I would have shipped Friday but, this rainbow deal requires some research. I am also waiting for a few other local brews. I have a few brews lined up. Question for you guys. Have you guys seen any alesmith and cigar city collaboration in your area? I

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Is this a race then? I could possibly get mine in the mail tomorrow, but I'm going to try and aim for Friday or Monday.
Need to round up a couple more selections. Rainbow is done. I've got some that are close but different as well as completely different styles under 10 SRM, and some above 10 also. Now to round up the stouts and IPAs.... Already have my box. How do those boxes with side laying trays stand up in shipping? I've bought stuff online and never had one broken shipped in those. I'm pretty much stuck using that since the styrofoam insert box won't handle more than 12 bottles, and I'm not shipping two boxes.

TD

lol I was only kidding man. No race required, it is sometimes better to play a wait and see what else you can add game. Don't send it out if you aren't comfortable with it, and definitely do the shake test. If you can do some minor shaking and here movement from the inside of the box, add in some stuff like packing peanuts or packing paper to keep it tight.

Ha ha... I would have shipped Friday but, this rainbow deal requires some research. I am also waiting for a few other local brews. I have a few brews lined up. Question for you guys. Have you guys seen any alesmith and cigar city collaboration in your area? I

Last time I was at their tasting room I never saw it. Other than their tasting room, those special brews are seldom found outside of Tampa. I can hardly find anything besides their year round offerings without taking a car ride to Tampa.

TD

I'm down.. if allowed! Another Philadelphia area guy here with access to some good stuff.

Balls! Aw i guess i'll wait for the next one... i'll have to keep an eye out!

People love getting us Philly peeps for these threads. our distro is pretty awesome. If you have the post count jump on in in the EMAW thread. You should be able to get in on that easily enough.

People love getting us Philly peeps for these threads. our distro is pretty awesome. If you have the post count jump on in in the EMAW thread. You should be able to get in on that easily enough.

The what thread? "Enormous Manatees Allocate Watermelons" thread? lol

Anyone else having trouble finding local stouts? Seems they are out of season for all the local breweries...

Anyone else having trouble finding local stouts? Seems they are out of season for all the local breweries...

When in doubt or need, check seekabrew.com for something that may be commercial but not available to your recipients. That may help out

Putting the finishing touches on my package, drinking the extras (had to buy some as six packs) and listening to some great classic rock and roll.
Does life get any better?
I think not!!!

I'm having trouble with stouts. Found a big one though that's delicious! The IPA I was looking for was quite the task. Not distributing now, is what I was told. Went to my go to guy and he had what I wanted but refused to sell me more than one. He actually broke all the six packs up and was selling them by the bottle. I have seen that before but never with this beer! So my lack of success in finding stouts has led me to find a coveted IPA. One stout, a rainbow and a cornucopia of IPAs. I hope that makes someone happy... I would be fine with all IPAs too if needbe. Heck a black IPA would work if ya wanted if you want to stay close to the rules. I love me a black ipa. Haha

If it's for me, and you should be able to tell if you have me or not, I prefer IPA over stout. Not that I don't like stout, but as the summer heat and humidity sets in, anything but a dry stout seems wrong. But ipa remains refreshing.

I'm putting a mix of them into my box. Was hoping to be able to use some founders stuff my my recipient can get founders. There is a peanut butter stout I'm trying to track down. My box is nearly complete now. I just need to do a trial pack and track down a couple more beers hopefully I can ship Friday or Monday.

TD

If it's for me, and you should be able to tell if you have me or not, I prefer IPA over stout. Not that I don't like stout, but as the summer heat and humidity sets in, anything but a dry stout seems wrong. But ipa remains refreshing.

I'm putting a mix of them into my box. Was hoping to be able to use some founders stuff my my recipient can get founders. There is a peanut butter stout I'm trying to track down. My box is nearly complete now. I just need to do a trial pack and track down a couple more beers hopefully I can ship Friday or Monday.

TD

I concurs with winter=stout but where I am winter can be back tomorrow. Either way it will age nicely and will be a pleasent surprise if i don't drink it over summer. I gotta get my box out. I'm at about 200 oz. I gotta pack box and bomb!

I am a fan of both....stouts year round here! I dont discriminate by season haha

Nah. All I'm sayin is that I would be happy with whatever is sent. I would think that people would be sending beer that they are proud is distributed in their area. If I don't get a certain style, I would not cry. I'm sure everything else will be top notch.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

BOMBS AWAY! Well, actually its some bombs and some .... what? Missiles? little bombs? Oh whateve! FedEx said it will be there by Saturday. Giddie up!!

I wish I could ship mine this week. It'll be Monday or Tuesday for me. The fiancé totaled her car last week, so she's using mine. Hopefully the new one will be here tomorrow or Saturday and I can go back to normal.

So ya... I'm going to be doing some slight shopping around for more than a day. I have nothing on hand. Plus, I will be doing some traveling for Mother's Day and should be able to grab some other fun.

So ya... I'm going to be doing some slight shopping around for more than a day. I have nothing on hand. Plus, I will be doing some traveling for Mother's Day and should be able to grab some other fun.

Haha, nothing wrong with that plan!

Back