Local beer swap-o-rama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LovesIPA said:
I never shipped beer before. I was planning on shipping them in a 12-pack box. Since I'm only shipping 10, I'll add two empties to fill it out. I was going to line the bottom with bubble wrap and fill the empty space at the top with crumpled up paper. Then tape the **** out of it. Do you guys think that the beer will make it there ok? Should I put each bottle in a ziplock to help prevent spillage if one breaks?

Hmm...

I'd ask myself this question: "what if this guy gets his hands on my package?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I did however take the time to look for cans last time I was at the store and was surprised to see about six different varieties of cans, even a few IPAs for the hop heads.

Spent a good chunk of tonight wrapping all my cans and bottles. Taped the crap out of my box only to finish and look over and see the note I wanted to enclose sitting there! Once I get confirmation my recipient has received package I will shoot off a PM to them.

Each bottle can be zip locked or if you don't have enough you can get two trash bags and put them In the box first than pack everything inside. You do not want leakage during shipping . make sure to tie them up well if you use this method.

Even if you are using some kind of a beer box where it seperates the beer they should still be wrapped in bubble wrap in my opinon. Any every room can be take. Up with news paper crunched up or something. Remember movement is the last thing you want inside the box.

Also guys make sure you do not use outside boxes that say its alcohol as it is not allowed to be shipped by people.
Lastly its cheaper if you make an online e fed ex account and do the measurements and weight yourself and print the shipping label out yourself. It cost more to bring in the box without it.

Don't forget to write fragile.

Great points ZamaMan...This last few shipments I have done I have also used my vacuum sealer, might be overkill but it's great way to keep things dry and tight.

I went shopping today and got 1 more to get and I'll be packaging up and hopefully shipping out by Thursday or Friday at THE latest. I'm shooting for Thursday though.

you guys are ahead of me it seems! I got about 128ish oz... i need to buy a few more bombers than i will be good to pack stuff up later this week.

Ive been having trouble getting stuff other than ipas over here.... we dont have to many darker beers that are good and local. I found one or two though. my shipment will be heavy with ipas.

Also guys make sure you do not use outside boxes that say its alcohol as it is not allowed to be shipped by people.

Glad I read this, I was going to use a 24 pack box to ship in.

I finished all my buying last night and am happy with how it turned out. I left out a few styles that I had planned because of my guys preference but threw in a few that I think anyone will like and one different, but good for the summer.

I'll be heading to the store today to buy bubble wrap and plan to get it mailed later today/ tomorrow morning.

Also got bubble wrap. Now gotta find the right box and get it out. Very hard to send some of this stuff out...

Mines boxed up and out the door!!! I will send my tracking info to one of you soon.

Fire in the hole!

Someone has a 23.5 lb behemoth en route to them!

Tracking info sent to TheMan.

Glad I read this, I was going to use a 24 pack box to ship in.

I finished all my buying last night and am happy with how it turned out. I left out a few styles that I had planned because of my guys preference but threw in a few that I think anyone will like and one different, but good for the summer.

I'll be heading to the store today to buy bubble wrap and plan to get it mailed later today/ tomorrow morning.

I have seen people do it before and it arrive fine but I would hate for them to open it because they hear liquid and see its an alcohol container. You could always double box it if that's easier for you also. Man I feel behind!

I have seen people do it before and it arrive fine but I would hate for them to open it because they hear liquid and see its an alcohol container. You could always double box it if that's easier for you also. Man I feel behind!

I packed up a box once in a wine box. The fed ex guy asked me if it was alcohol and I nearly froze. "How did he know!!?!?!", but I quickly realized the box I used and said no. Best to not use a box related to booze in my opinion.

Also, I've given my shipping info to another participant so that I am accounted for as well.

Final bottle bought today, packaged it all up, probably over packed it but better safe than sorry. I will be dropping it at FedEx tomorrow and send TheMan a tracking number...Someone is getting a 23 lb BOMB! This was WAY too much fun! Thanks guys!

Picked up the last of my bottles today. I'm going to try to get it shipped today but have my 2 year old all day so it might be tough. I'll hopefully at least get it packed while she's napping.

Think I ended up with 12 different beers from 9 breweries.

Finally made it down to pick mine all up. Did five different breweries with four different styles. Did two six packs of iPa's since it seems to be popular out here.

Final bottle bought today, packaged it all up, probably over packed it but better safe than sorry. I will be dropping it at FedEx tomorrow and send TheMan a tracking number...Someone is getting a 23 lb BOMB! This was WAY too much fun! Thanks guys!

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE SNAP!!!! I think I know where this is going! :ban: haha Cant wait so excited.... I will be buy the rest of my beers tomorrow. :rockin::tank:

This is a great idea ! I didn't skim threw all 18 pages . will this be repeated?, at a future time or should i debate starting another thread?

^^^^ Lol i read all 18 pages , bubble rap , not using alcohal boxes , basic rules , debating the basic rules , the beer distributing locater ! did not see anything about the next round? maybe i missed it? idk

it'll happen again once everyone gets their packages from this round it will go again, it was posted on here somewhere but not sure exactly where but more rounds will take place. it's lots of fun! i can't wait to see what shows up!

Its always nice getting beers you wouldn't normally have access to. Especially when someone caters to the receiver rather than their own likes.

I think posting pics of your haul is pretty mandatory!

Any one else ship yet? Seems like 3 of us so far

Sooooo excited for this.

^^^^ Lol i read all 18 pages , bubble rap , not using alcohal boxes , basic rules , debating the basic rules , the beer distributing locater ! did not see anything about the next round? maybe i missed it? idk

Smonteton (and everyone), HBT's administrators have asked that swaps like this be organized by either a supporting member, a lifetime member or a moderator. The idea, I think, is to try to make sure any swaps are legitimate.

TheMan contacted me before organizing this swap, which was great. Any of the moderators will be happy to look at a potential swap and help 'sponsor' it if it seems on the up and up.

Smonteton (and everyone), HBT's administrators have asked that swaps like this be organized by either a supporting member, a lifetime member or a moderator. The idea, I think, is to try to make sure any swaps are legitimate.

TheMan contacted me before organizing this swap, which was great. Any of the moderators will be happy to look at a potential swap and help 'sponsor' it if it seems on the up and up.

After talking to pappers, I was not a supporting member. I had been on here for years, but became a member to organize this haha. I do plan to organize a second one after all of us get our shipments. Keep an eye out and in a couple weeks ill have a new thread for the next.

Also....this warrants a double post. After looking at the tracking numbers, the first one is due to arrive today!!!

And yes, I was hoping everyone would post a pic of what they get.

TheMan said:
Also....this warrants a double post. After looking at the tracking numbers, the first one is due to arrive today!!!

And yes, I was hoping everyone would post a pic of what they get.

Now I feel like a slacker...

I think posting pics of your haul is pretty mandatory!

Any one else ship yet? Seems like 3 of us so far

Sooooo excited for this.

I shipped yesterday. I really am excited for my guy to get the package, mine are all small local brewerys and I catered to what the person wanted, with three bottles/can exception, and picked the beers that I love and drink. I even gave my girl a choice on one of the beers to get her excited for this also.

Can you send PM's to people when their packages are scheduled for delivery? East Coast is currently in a heat wave and I would hate for mine to sit out all day.

Shipped mine out today. It'll be full of confetti cause the ups store sucks for supplies. Sorry whom ever gets it.

It does contain beer though.

Back