Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > 12-12-12 Wee Heavy Swap and Critique Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #71
smokinghole
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'm going to get to drinking some more of these beers tonight. I might have to reach out and ask about who used what caps. Everyone has "12" on the cap I think and I forget who's is who's. Of course I neglected to mark them and I stupidly trusted that I could remember by location in the fridge.

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #72
Cromwell
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Well, I figured out what happened, and it's my fault.
I was supposed to send beers to CA-LT1, MDVDuber and xeerohour, and instead I sent beers to bottlebomber, CA-LT1 and xeerohour. Dumb of me to start, and especially since sending beer to Ukiah is more expensive than sending it to Maryland. Anyway, I apologize. Unfortunately, bottlebomber has already drunk at least one of mine, or I'd just send you money to forward the package to MDVDuber. You must have received packages from 4 of us?
Any chance I can get you to send what's left to MDVDuber so he doesn't get stiffed? I can't claim insurance since it's my fault it went to the wrong place.
I'll pay you what you need to mail it.

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #73
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2688 Times on 2086 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell
Well, I figured out what happened, and it's my fault.
I was supposed to send beers to CA-LT1, MDVDuber and xeerohour, and instead I sent beers to bottlebomber, CA-LT1 and xeerohour. Dumb of me to start, and especially since sending beer to Ukiah is more expensive than sending it to Maryland. Anyway, I apologize. Unfortunately, bottlebomber has already drunk at least one of mine, or I'd just send you money to forward the package to MDVDuber. You must have received packages from 4 of us?
Any chance I can get you to send what's left to MDVDuber so he doesn't get stiffed? I can't claim insurance since it's my fault it went to the wrong place.
I'll pay you what you need to mail it.
Just looked out on the fridge, and sure enough there are 4 different types of Wee Heavy out there. I had at least 20 packages arrive to my house in the month of December, and did several swaps with members outside of this one. Two of the WH's have almost identical rampant lion labels. You'll have to give me a pic of what your beers look like, and let me know what else you sent. I will replace the beers that I drank with other beers, but you'll have to handle the shipping. Also I'll need the address of where this needs to go. Further, I am balls to the wall at work and can't give a promised ETA for when I can get this out. It is fracking cold right and I'm not sure it's the best time to ship around beer. Bummer man

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #74
Cromwell
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Just looked out on the fridge, and sure enough there are 4 different types of Wee Heavy out there. I had at least 20 packages arrive to my house in the month of December, and did several swaps with members outside of this one. Two of the WH's have almost identical rampant lion labels. You'll have to give me a pic of what your beers look like, and let me know what else you sent. I will replace the beers that I drank with other beers, but you'll have to handle the shipping. Also I'll need the address of where this needs to go. Further, I am balls to the wall at work and can't give a promised ETA for when I can get this out. It is fracking cold right and I'm not sure it's the best time to ship around beer. Bummer man
Thanks, and again, sorry. My wee heavies weren't labled, I think, but they had blue caps. If it did have a label, it's purple with a Scottish thistle on it. The Curiosity IPA was mine, and I think you drank it. So whatever you can send is good. I'd just send him all new beers from here, but I sent out the last of my wee heavies. I'll ask him to message you his address. Let me know how I can pay you - if you have PayPal that's easiest.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #75
Stephonovich
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So, I just popped open one of my 12-12-12s tonight. Man, I'm disappointed. Under attenuated, flat-ish... meh Seriously, I just burped cardboard.

Also related, I was watching some of Stone's videos on Vimeo, and they mentioned how they recently had a full tasting of their Vertical Epic series. Even the 02 and 03 years tasted great; they attributed this to storing them cool all these years. Which got me thinking, did anyone else store theirs in a temperature controlled environment? I know I sure as hell didn't.

Kegged: Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale
Future: Alchemist Heady Topper Clone, Yooper's DFH 60 Minute Clone, Session Bitter

Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #76
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Cromwell, I was thinking about the beer situation today and decided that even though I didn't sign up for swapping with 4 people, I did in fact get beer from 4. And so it's probably the good thing to do to just handle the swap with the 4th person myself, if everyone agrees. I'll just keep whatever I've got from you, ship out other beer, deal with the expense myself. It's simpler that way and you don't have to pay double shipping. If it's cool with everyone. However as stated before I am busy as hell and won't be able to do this for probably 2 weeks. This has to be in the terms and conditions also.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #77
Cromwell
Recipes 

Thanks bottlebomber. That'd be great by me. I think it's probably ok with MDVDuber, but I'll message him and ask.
I owe you one, buddy. If you're ever in this neck of California.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #78
MDVDuber

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Cromwell, Wow - you are way more worried about this than I am - Thank you for making all the effort to track this down. I'm perfectly happy with the plan you and bottlebomber have worked out. I mean really - I get another package full of beer and you think I'm going to complain??

To everyone else. I've been running crazy for the past few weeks. A business trip to Fresno (with a few days to visit Russian River and Lagunitas of course) followed by a red eye home and a 9 hour drive to NH for a family vacation. Anyhow, I've tried a couple of the beers and as soon as I get a minute I'll post up my highly amateur reviews.

I will say - anyone who got xeerohour's House IPA was a lucky beer drinker - it was absolutely amazing!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #79
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Hey Duber, since I already shipped to you how about some other stuff? I've got a pretty rockin IPA I just bottled up

Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #80
MDVDuber

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Bomber - that sounds great to me. I'll admit I haven't gotten to your non 12-12-12's yet - but the Wee Heavy was very nice - my wife kept trying to steal it from me...

Quick Reply