The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Looking for Munich Helles Extract Kit or Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
RecruitNBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Looking for Munich Helles Extract Kit or Recipe

I have bought my extract kits from Midwest Supplies, but was disappointed to see that they don't have a Munich Helles style kit.

Can anyone recommend a kit or easy to build recipe for a beer along the lines of Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold or Bischofsof Original 1649?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
ZooBrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've brewed MoreBeer's Jon Plise's Munich Helles and it is exquisite. I kegged the whole batch except 12, 12oz to compare. This is a tasty lager that makes you want to pop or pull another one. Typical mouth-feel for a Helles but with a mellow after-taste not killed with the usual European hop schedule for this style. Well engineered recipe.

BTW, I talked with Jon about his recipe and he said to try White Labs Kolsch yeast with it. His kit is in my pipeline with a vial of WLP029 waitin' in my fridge.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
RecruitNBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to drive over to their store in Riverside, so now I have a good reason!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
RecruitNBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I ended up buying the Munich Helles kit from Northern Brewer. I will be brewing it this weekend!
It looks true to the style, so I'm excited to see how it comes out.

Quick Reply