Ideas for Morgan's Canadian Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekker15

Reaction score
I have been making beer from extract kits for about 6 months or so and have tried several different types of beer, I have found that the only one I really liked so far was the Morgans Canadian style lager. The others were drinkable except one that was just unbearable (not sure if it got infected or what happened) Anyways, I have now decided to maybe stick with the Morgan's Canadian style lager and try some different variations of it. My next batch I'm thinking of trying Brown Sugar instead of corn sugar, then maybe prime with other types of sugar. I'm wondering if maybe I could bring this to a boil and add different hops or something to it just to try something different. I'm sure somewhere, someone has tried this or something that turned out good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas of how to come up with some sort of a Christmas brew would be great as well. Please Bear with me I am still very new to the home brew thing and being from an Island I am limited as far as ingredients go, pretty much only coopers, Muntons, Morgans, and brew Canada extract kits that I've seen around here so far, and haven't seen any all grain ingredients either, would have to order online. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Im from across the water in Nova Scotia. Ive never tried a Morgans extract kit but I have made coopers lager which im sure would be somewhat similar. I have used brown sugar in by beer before and turned out nice - I added the brown sugar to my dark ale.

One of the things you dont wanna do with your canned kits is boil them. These kits have been boiled during the manufacturing and hops already added. If you boil them again it may kill the hops in the kit.

Here is a video of my coopers Lager recipe - this turned out a really nice tasting beer - you may wanna try it for your Morgans lager kit? If you have any question just ask :) cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the reply, I`m just wondering where would I buy light Malt extract I cannot find it anywhere including my local homebrew shop.

Hey I also have here a Doric Light beer kit that I got from an old fella that I bought a bunch of homebrewing equipment from (like 300$ worth of stuff for 40$) and was wondering could I add that to the Morgan`s lager kit instead of the sugar. Also there is no date on the can but the yeast was dated best before sep 2009 .

Back