has anybody ever brewed a dead guy kit from rogue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aharri1

In Rembrance 6/2023
Reaction score
I just bewed a batch this evening and tasted the amount I pulled out of the carboy for my OG test and it seems really close. I did fiddle with the kit and add a 1/2 cup of local honey and an extra 3.3lb can of golden light lme just to see if I could make it closer to double dead guy and got 1.076 OG. Anyone ever tried this kit in general?

I brewed this kit back in October. I take my summers off of brewing in my house due to the heat, so this was my first brew day of the season. It was a very simple recipe and all went smoothly. It was a great first brew day after so many months off.

I let it sit in the primary for 3 weeks at 62 degrees. Then bottled and let sit for 3 weeks at 70 degrees. It came out delicious.

I made the mistake of not drinking it side by side with the real thing, but it was damn close, not too mention very tasty.

Your LME and honey addition sounds like like a suitable addition.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like it will be just as tasty with sn extra kick with my additions

Latest posts

Back