i think i messed up already

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnfoam

Reaction score
i went ahead a bought all my AG equipment the other day but i messed up on the order i think. i ordered

Kewler Thermothingy
Kewler Kitz Thermosight
and well i was looking at some thermometers and i got 2 of the Brewmometer - 1/2" NPT. well i know anyone reading this is say damn you didnt measure did you. and no i didnt i was in an AG blind buying frenzy. my wife gave me the go ahead so i went crazy. well my question is can i make this work or am i stuck and have to return and buy new ones?

oh sorry i should have said i am converting 2 cooler and this is what this is all for. the coolers are the standard orange ones. please help i a bit bumbed right now so im going to go drink:drunk:

Also, been tested and I have no leaks, a friend of mine in INDY cannot get his valves and conversion bulkheads to seal quite right.... never tried them myself though... may be just him.

Pol

so did i get the right equpment or the wrong stuff. i guess im just lazey and i dont want to return anything. but i want to make sure the system works right with no leaks. i just want to do it right the first time

Are you concerned that the therms will not fit the thermothingy? I dont know, I seem to recall that on MOREBEER that they mentioned something to that effect... but, I bypassed all that jazz to keep it simple.

Pol

yeah thats what worrys me that the therms wont fit. im really not sure beacause i new to all grain and the equpment. my main desgin was to have a therm on mash /lauter tun and a therm and sight tube on my sparge tanks. i know its a bit over kill but hey im not sure when my wife will be this nice again:D

I hear ya... check MOREBEER, they explain the issues with the thermothingys... I looked at them but $55 for a therm was out of control, I went to LOWES and my LHBS and set up my tuns on the cheap. Yah, women, you NEVER KNOW when they will be generous again.

Pol

The Pol said:
Look at my solutions here on photobucket... I just built (2) 10 gallon tuns with ball valves and thru the wall therms for $75 each, complete... look at the pics.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/PolTavern/

Pol

Totally OT, I know, but where did you and your wife go on your vacation to the Caribbean? Looks like it was a nice resort.

Heh... we were at Sandals, the Royal Caribbean resort... we were there for 10 days, we were actually married there as well! It was awesome.:off:

Back