First all grain brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
hey Y'all, I've been brewing with malt extract and i'm planning an all grain brew soon. Where's a good supply of malted barley?

Welcome to HBT and, by the sounds of it, the world of all-grain.

Once you have an understanding of how all-grain works, there are a lot of on-line suppliers to choose from that'll have almost everything that you need - many with really reasonable shipping costs. You can buy pre-packaged and ground all-grain recipes with hops and yeast too. They also sell many different kinds of base and specialty malts separately.

I have purchased from William's Brewing and Northern Brewer. Both have great selections and quick delivery. Mind you, patronizing local homebrew stores is a great way to support the hobby and local businesses, as well as get first hand advice.

Good luck. :mug:

welcome! AG is tons of fun! Not to mention i feel like my AG beers (save the 1st) are consistently better than my Extract beers were; mainly because i'm able to control more of what my final product is, i think.

Brewmasterswarehouse is the place to go! That's where i get all my speciality grains and other needs (I buy base malts and hops in bulk since is so much cheaper)

i have a lhbs that allows me to buy into their bulk buys, so i do that. if you have a local store, ask them if you can buy in. i pay their prices, so i buy base malts for 70 cents to a dollar a pound in 50-55 lb bags

i see your from texas,, im from CT and the cheapest prices i have found were from austin homebrew supply way down there in texas... and that was including shipping.. happy brewing.

I too have a LHBS that will sell me sacks of grain for near-cost. Maris Otter and Munich around a buck a pound and domestic malts much cheaper than that. Hops I buy by the pound and there are several good online supply houses for that. wholesalehops, freshops, hopsdirect, etc.

Is it ok to use an oxygen bottle from my cutting torch in the wort after the boil? Or would this have to be medical grade oxygen?

Back