First AG down!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsbeeryo

Reaction score
I just wanted to add to the collection of AG Virginity being taken last weekend. Brewed the Blood Orange Hefeweizen from Extreme Brewing (but with Clementines). We hit our mash temps on the first shot, sparge temps on the first shot. We were a little dumbfounded (beginners luck or a lot of good advice from hours of browsing HBT.com.) Our OG was only .001 off from my estimated crappy 65% efficiency. Our only real snafu was the 85 degree tap water for the wort chiller. 40 lbs of ice and a fermenter dunk in later we were down under 70. Had a blast, cant wait to do it again.

photoop.jpg

I'm very glad I made the switch! It went better then I imagined. There might be a thing as reading too much because it can sound daunting, but I'm sure only practice makes perfect.

Eastend, we went from 1 pm to 8 pm but the hot day and hot tap water made the cool down painfully longer then usual. I'd say the AG portion added 2 - 2 1/2 hours to the usual extract process.

Back