Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > UK Pressure barrels.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
SkyfaceBear
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default UK Pressure barrels.

Hello all.
I'm quite new to beer making, I've heard a lot about pressure barrels. They seam to be very available in the UK, but not here in the States. I was born in the UK but moved many years ago, and my stepdad insists this is the best way to store the beer. He does tend to be out of touch with the world though. Anyway this is a two part question. Are these things available anywhere in the States, and are they any good? I mostly make bitters, and stouts, and prefer low carbonation. I'll import one if they are worth it.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

I apologize if this subject has been covered, I couldn't really find what I wanted through the search function.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 05:06 AM   #2
dibby33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have one, have not used it for years. Got it from Boots. It takes small sodastream cartriges. Keep meaning to dust it off and try it out.
Difficult to fit it in a fridge which is why I haven't used it much out here (I moved from Scotland to Australia).

oh and welcome!

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply