Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Taprite Regulator Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
tflew
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Taprite Regulator Help

So tonight I am putting the finishing touches on my Keezer and hooked up the gas to a corny with 1 gallon of Starsan to run through the beer line real quick. Hooked everything up, turned on the gas and nothing happened...no rushing sound of air no jump in the PSI needle and i know the tank is full. I tried adjusting the big red knob up front but nothing happened. I have a three way manifold set up and the proper gas line was open. Was wondering if there was something else that needs to be adjusted for this to work.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3253 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Did you open the tank valve? Is your regulator a dual gauge? If so, what does the high pressure gauge read?

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
tflew
Recipes 

I opened the tank after everything was screwed in and plugged in. It is a dual gauge regulator. By high pressure gauge do you mean the one that shows how much is left in the tank or the one that tells the psi going into the kegs. The psi one is at 0 and the one showing what's left is in the green...there should be a picture attached.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3253 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflew View Post
I opened the tank after everything was screwed in and plugged in. It is a dual gauge regulator. By high pressure gauge do you mean the one that shows how much is left in the tank or the one that tells the psi going into the kegs. The psi one is at 0 and the one showing what's left is in the green...there should be a picture attached.
Sounds like you just need to adjust the regulator. Turn the big red knob clockwise until the gas starts flowing.

And FWIW, the high pressure gauge doesn't tell you how much gas you have left. It only shows what the tank pressure is, which at a constant temperature will be about the same until all of the liquid CO2 is gone, and all you have left is a little CO2 vapor. The only way to tell how much gas you have left is to weigh the tank.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
tflew
Recipes 

that solved the problem. I wasnt turning the red dial enough...guess i was worried about it all shooting out to fast or something. I thanks for explaining the high pressure gauge...learn something new everyday

Quick Reply