Shanks...How long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollinsBrew

Reaction score
I'm about to upgrade my 6 keg kegerator finally from the crappy picnic taps to some (hopefully, if I can get in on a group buy) Perlicks. My kegerator is the standard freezer on top refrigerator and I'm planning on running the taps right through the door.

I thought about taking the the plastic shelving out that is on the inside of the door that comes standard in the refrigerator and replacing it with some sort of just flat backing but I kind of like the shelves and I didn't want to deal with taking the door all apart so I was just going to cut out the space I need in it with the Dremel and drill through the front part of the door for each tap. What I can't seem to figure is what size shanks I will need to go through and tighten down so I don't have to reach into the door to disconnect the beer line for cleaning. If anyone has done this the way I'm talking about, I'd be all ears as to what size shanks you used and maybe some pics.

Best thing to do, is pick your spot, cut your hole, then measure. That way you can be certain of how long you want the shank to be.

Back