Regulator QDs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking out loud here...
Here's my Regulator - Dual Body/4 Valves
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=149

I'm going ot be buying a chest freezer to eventually turn into my keezer -- but initially I want it to work for me. I'm going to load it up with Corneys, CO2, and Carb and serve from Cobra Taps/Party Lines until I get my kezer fully operational.

That said, I'm thinking of ways to incorporate a Quick Disconnect on the Regulator Valves. I'd like to have the gas lines be QD-able on the Regulator end for ease of use and less waste of line. I don't like the idea of clamping it on only to remove it in a few weeks. Seems silly. Is there some kind of Female end-barb QD that can go over the barb? Or should I be removing those shut off valves for something like this...

So, what kind of QDs are people using? I know people have to have this type of thing going on their rigs, so instead of scouring McMaster Carr for ages... I figure I'd ask whats popular 'round these parts.

So, essentially, any 1/4" NPT Thread to replace the shutoff valve on the Regulator with this type of newer barb and fit with a QD for the gas end...
How does the gas line connect to the QD itself... cant tell from the pic...

YMMV, but I bought these exact ones from HF and they were crap. I bought some from Lowes instead and they work great. In the Air Compressor section.

I haven't had a problem with either my kegerator or my air tools.

So, essentially, any 1/4" NPT Thread to replace the shutoff valve on the Regulator with this type of newer barb and fit with a QD for the gas end...
How does the gas line connect to the QD itself... cant tell from the pic...

Actually I ran a short hose(couple feet) from the regulator so the backflow preventer in the existing valve is still there as a safety. That hose has a QD then more hose to my bank of secondary regulators. Wish I had a good pic available. Oh, and harborfreight (or Home Depot or Lowes) has barbed to NPT fittings to connect the QD to the lines.

Back