Perlick 525SS questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burdbrew

Reaction score
My search skills may lack, but I'm having trouble understanding how the 525SS is assembled.

Is the lever removable on all models? I may be too simple minded, but for the life of me, I can't get the lever and ball that closes the tap out of the spigot. Darn thing got in there somehow. Anyway.

Second, is it correct that a gasket belongs on the top and bottom of the bearing cup?

I bought three of these, and only one leaked. I'm reading more and more about this not being a great tap. Anyway, I'm trying to reassemble to see if I can get passed the leak.

Any knowledge is appreciated.

The exploded view in the link should sort you out. Perlick makes a great tap...not sure where you're reading that it's a problem tap... For infrequent usage, it's generally preferred over standard taps as standard will stick and can lock in the open position if they are not used regularly.

I appreciate the link. I should have mentioned that I have looked over the site. By looking at the picture (and through common sense, which I probably lack), the lever comes out. I try to pull the lever out and it seems like the ball that stops the flow is too big to come out. What am I missing?

The diagram appears to tell me that yes, a gasket goes on each side of the cup, but I was looking for confirmation.

So my questions may be a little simple, I'm just a little confused.

All right, I'm a simpleton. I pulled the lever increasingly harder. It finally came out, as did the second gasket. I can see where the second gasket obviously goes.

There is a thread on here talking about how prone these are to leak. 2 of my 3 are doing well. Anyway...

Thanks for the responses.

The first time you take them apart, it can be a little difficult. A little persistance goes a long way.
These are great taps and shouldn't leak at all with very little maintenance.

Took me a bit to get mine apart the 1st time. Only because of my curriosity. Haven't needed to take them apart in a couple of years

Sorry your third faucet is leaking. Where from?>

All 10 of mine have never leaked once, two separate batches and vendor none the les.

Thank goodness for small miracles, eh?

The below link is to a 9 page thread illustrating some issues people had with this tap. I found this when I was looking to find a solution for my leak.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/perlick-525-ss-faucet-leaks-395520/

I'm hoping it's fixed now that I put new gaskets on. I have two that work great and this one was fine for a several months without incident. I am optimistic but I will be paying close attention.

Latest posts

Back