Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > need help with label on an 8oz Coke bottle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
HollisBT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I've seen some people have success using glass etching acid that you can get from a craft store.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
tmags711
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlio250 View Post
i have bought a ton of these 8oz coca cola bottles as taste testers (for friends/family and to check carbonation) .......
I browsed across this post a couple of days ago and I really like the idea you have kewlio. So, naturally, the only reasonable thing is to go buy a six pack of the same and give it a shot.

I skipped right past using StarSan or bleach or OxyClean. A simple razor blade is all it takes. I used a square razor blade (a boxcutter blade would work just as well) and it took me all of three minutes to get a label clean off. It comes off as a powder and makes a little mess so I suggest doing it over newspaper or something. It's like scratching a lottery ticket....

After that all it took was a rinse in the sink with dish soap and it is good as new. BONUS: The razor will also work on the date/tracking info on the neck of the bottle.

Good luck I don't know how many 'a ton' is, but my six pack won't take longer than twenty minutes. I'll post a pic of the bottle when I get home.

P.S. I checked, and a regular crown cap does fit on and works with my usual capper.

That beer tasted like another....

Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
JeepDiver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just remember to keep the bottles out of the light or your going to have skunked beer

Quick Reply