Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Modifying a Danby DKC645BLS for a 2 or 3 tap tower
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
zman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver.
Posts: 2,609
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Modifying a Danby DKC645BLS for a 2 or 3 tap tower

Has any one done this or something similar to a pre made kegerator? I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 cornies of HB on tap. There is a hole in the back of the kegerator for the CO2 line. I am wondering if I can drill another hole or two either right next to original without effing it up.

Thanks,

__________________
www.kroc.org
zman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
tasq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 582
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Hello friend! Why would you need to drill more holes?

You have my number. I've learned quite a bit about kegging this year. Give me a call and maybe we can sort out a better solution.

__________________
The Keg Ran Out Club
Broomfield, Colorado
http://www.kroc.org/
tasq is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
rosier9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 183
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

i'm wondering the same thing... especially about the back.

__________________

Kegged: Amarillo Ale, Edwort's Apfelwein, Golden Dragon, 1554, 888 RIS
Primary:

rosier9 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
zman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver.
Posts: 2,609
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasq View Post
Hello friend! Why would you need to drill more holes?

You have my number. I've learned quite a bit about kegging this year. Give me a call and maybe we can sort out a better solution.
Well if I want to add a two or three tap tower to the kegerator I either need to have the CO2 tank inside with the regulator, three cornies and the tower cooler I made inside, or I could drill another hole or two and keep the CO2 tank on the outside and just have the lines going in to the kegs. It is possible that I will want to run each beer at a different level of CO2
__________________
www.kroc.org
zman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
airmek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville & Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 256
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Has any one done this or something similar to a pre made kegerator? I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 cornies of HB on tap. There is a hole in the back of the kegerator for the CO2 line. I am wondering if I can drill another hole or two either right next to original without effing it up.

Thanks,
Not sure what youre getting at. If you already have the CO2 hole there, why would you need more?

On the other hand, if you meant the tower, then absolulty.

Put a CO2 manifold inside then Drill 2 more holes in the tower. Thats what I did with this one.

__________________
"If women and beer are not the answer, then your asking the wrong questions" (anonymous)
airmek is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
zman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver.
Posts: 2,609
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmek View Post
Not sure what youre getting at. If you already have the CO2 hole there, why would you need more?

On the other hand, if you meant the tower, then absolulty.

Put a CO2 manifold inside then Drill 2 more holes in the tower. Thats what I did with this one.

Is yours a Danby DKC645BLS? I want to add a 2 or 3 tap tower in the future. I want to have 2-3 cornies of HB on tap and want to be able to have a different serving pressure on each one if need be.
__________________
www.kroc.org
zman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
airmek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville & Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 256
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Is yours a Danby DKC645BLS? I want to add a 2 or 3 tap tower in the future. I want to have 2-3 cornies of HB on tap and want to be able to have a different serving pressure on each one if need be.
No. Its a Haier. I don't know the model number, It's in Georgia and I am currently in NC, but it holds 3 ball lock cornies plus a 5 pounder on the hump.

I used the stock 2.5" tower and just added the other 2 tap holes.

I also mounted a hard drive cooler to the cold plate to circulate the air because it would not cool evenly, but now works great. I run it continuously from an old cell phone charger.

If you wanted/needed to keep the CO2 on the outside of yours, you could just build a multi regulator manifold and mount that inside and feed that from the main regulator outside. That would eliminate anything going wrong if you tried to add more holes for CO2 lines.
__________________
"If women and beer are not the answer, then your asking the wrong questions" (anonymous)
airmek is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
tasq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 582
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmek View Post
No. Its a Haier. I don't know the model number, It's in Georgia and I am currently in NC, but it holds 3 ball lock cornies plus a 5 pounder on the hump.

I used the stock 2.5" tower and just added the other 2 tap holes.

I also mounted a hard drive cooler to the cold plate to circulate the air because it would not cool evenly, but now works great. I run it continuously from an old cell phone charger.

If you wanted/needed to keep the CO2 on the outside of yours, you could just build a multi regulator manifold and mount that inside and feed that from the main regulator outside. That would eliminate anything going wrong if you tried to add more holes for CO2 lines.
He's got it right. There is no need to drill more holes, you just need to put the regulator manifold inside the fridge.
__________________
The Keg Ran Out Club
Broomfield, Colorado
http://www.kroc.org/
tasq is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
zman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver.
Posts: 2,609
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasq View Post
He's got it right. There is no need to drill more holes, you just need to put the regulator manifold inside the fridge.
Ok. Sounds good. Are you going to be at the meeting on Thursday?
__________________
www.kroc.org
zman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #10
tasq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 582
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Ok. Sounds good. Are you going to be at the meeting on Thursday?
Yea! see ya then.
__________________
The Keg Ran Out Club
Broomfield, Colorado
http://www.kroc.org/
tasq is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for Danby DKC645BLS owners zman Bottling/Kegging 9 01-07-2012 06:58 PM
Modifying Pub kegs (50L or 11GAL) _wallace_ Bottling/Kegging 1 05-25-2009 09:10 PM
Danby 4.4 cu. ft. big enough for 2? Brewme Bottling/Kegging 9 01-06-2009 03:52 AM
Danby DKC645BLS experience? jelsas Bottling/Kegging 3 07-31-2007 03:19 PM
Modifying keg..?? Jester Bottling/Kegging 6 03-22-2006 11:18 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS