Lots of foam, no carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cromwell

Reaction score
I made 2.5 gallons of rootbeer from extract and put it in a keg to force carb it. I set the pressure up to 25, and left it for two weeks at 35 degrees or so, and now when I pour a glass it's completely foam. Once the foam dies down, the root beer itself is flat.

Is the pressure not high enough to force the Co2 into solution?
Or is my picnic tap hose too short?
Or did I just not wait long enough?
Or is it harder to carb when the keg is half empty?

What's my problem? Help, please?

I made 2.5 gallons of rootbeer from extract and put it in a keg to force carb it. I set the pressure up to 25, and left it for two weeks at 35 degrees or so, and now when I pour a glass it's completely foam. Once the foam dies down, the root beer itself is flat.

Is the pressure not high enough to force the Co2 into solution?
Or is my picnic tap hose too short?
Or did I just not wait long enough?
Or is it harder to carb when the keg is half empty?

What's my problem? Help, please?

Lines probably to short, I use a min of 25 feet when I do root beer. Should have had pleanty of time to carb, I do mine at 35psi for a week and dial it down to 25 when I serve, then crank it back up to 30 when not in use. since its only half full maybe shoot 40 psi into it, disconnect your gas fitting and roll a bit so the co2 can absorb faster. Root beer is tricky, just gotta find a system that works for ya.

Back