Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
goosepit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default kegerator

hi,
I'm looking for a compact fridge that will hold a 1/2 bbl or 3 or 4 cornies, I cant seem to find a model locally that will work and I dont really want to spend $600 for a kegerator. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
thanks
Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

No compact fridge is that large. I fit 4 cornies in my kegger, but it is based on an apartment-sized fridge (10 cuft), not a compact.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
gnef
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

the only models that come to mind are the danby commercial kegerators made around a half barrel. i've seen some on craigslist, but they do tend to be a bit pricey, even used.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
natehilde

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I built mine out of a chest freezer that I picked up at Sams club for $130. I can fit 4 cornys in it and I control temp with an external thermostat. I built a wooden collar between the lid and the freezer and the taps come out of it. Right now I have three taps on it with room for one more. Altogether I think I have about $250 wrapped up in it. It was easy to build in a weekend.

"A Chief Petty Officer does not drink. But if he drinks, he will not get drunk. And if he gets drunk he will not stumble. And if he stumbles he will not fall. But if he falls, he will fall with his service stripes down, so that passers by think him to be a Junior Officer."

Old 12-26-2006, 02:00 AM   #5
Ed_Savage
Recipes 

See my old post. This is a small apartment fridge, I used to have it in the corner of my living room, and now it's tucked away in the kitchen. Small, has a freezer, and gets the job done right

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4982

I can hold 4 cornies, if you keep the co2 outside, and remove the inner door rack hardware. But I like being able to keep some of my brewing equipment on the shelves, and a half rack of PBR's for the non homebrew drinking wussies that come over to my pad once and a while.

Last edited by Ed_Savage; 12-26-2006 at 02:04 AM.

Quick Reply