Keezer Build Start-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6357

Reaction score
Just went to Lowes today and got a 7 cu. ft freezer to start my keezer build. I am going to do it w/o a collar. Plan to fit 4 corney kegs in there, and keep CO2 outside the keezer. Any tips? Suggestions?

Ill hit up my LBS this weekend to get some supplies (I know you can get cheaper online [some stuff]) but I like to support local, and I have some store rewards to use up.

No collar? Are you going with a tower or picnic taps?

My concern would be drilling a hole for your CO2. If you drill anywhere besides your lid, you risk hiting a coolant line. If you do, goodbye freezer.

No collar? Are you going with a tower or picnic taps?

My concern would be drilling a hole for your CO2. If you drill anywhere besides your lid, you risk hiting a coolant line. If you do, goodbye freezer.

I could go collar......I just wanted to keep it simpler for the build. I want to go with tower. I was debating about the CO2 line, but was considering running it out of the top back corner, or up from where the tower lines come and then down the back.

I could go collar......I just wanted to keep it simpler for the build. I want to go with tower. I was debating about the CO2 line, but was considering running it out of the top back corner, or up from where the tower lines come and then down the back.

I've done 2 collars, but I don't know much about towers. My CO2 tank sits in the freeezer. Hasn't been a problem so far.

I've done 2 collars, but I don't know much about towers. My CO2 tank sits in the freeezer. Hasn't been a problem so far.

I changed my mind. Decided to add a collar to it. Will likely make it out of 2x6. Freezer is delivered tomorrow and then I will hit up Lowes and get some pain, wood, etc...........will go to LBS on Sat or Sun for other stuff.

I changed my mind. Decided to add a collar to it. Will likely make it out of 2x6. Freezer is delivered tomorrow and then I will hit up Lowes and get some pain, wood, etc...........will go to LBS on Sat or Sun for other stuff.

Nice thing about a collar its that you can always put the freezer back the way it was. Good luck. It's a fun build.

Back