grrr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blefferd

Reaction score
well i built my kegorator from scratch. and now im in the process of turning my tower from a 1 faucet to a 3 faucet tower. Well first off the faucet/shank combo that came with the tower was a brass set up. i had to run all over town trying to find a nipple that would thread into the back of the shank that would also fit my beverage tubing 1/4". finally after around 2 weeks i found one.

and while it works fine now im going to be switching it out with crome shanks and shirron faucets eventually. well i ordered my shanks from kegworks on ebay and recevied them today. im looking at them and the first thing crosses my mind how the F)#$@ am i going to find something big enough to thread onto the shank and small enough to fit the 1/4" beverage line. ive seen some elbows around the internet somewhere maybe the micromatic webiste or something not sure. sorry for the rant but i had to vent seems like this kegging thing has been one problem after the other getting it hooked up! (first problem was the regulator i bought had 1/2" nipples which makes all the since in the world since all the quick connects for kegs are either 1/4" or 5/16".) then getting the tower hooked up to the keg same thing lol now these shanks! grrrr!!!

anyone else that built there kegging system from the ground up have this many problems?! most of it seems to stem from the limited size on the keg disconnects being only 1/4"

update* well i went ahead and purchased 3 2tone ventmatics and hopefully the hardware that will fit the shanks. from northern brewer! i cant wait to get the new faucets in! im shooting for saturday being fully functional (all 3 taps):rockin:

Congrats! Triple Tap Towers Rock!

4569-NewTapHandles2.jpg

Latest posts

Back