Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Found a place to refill co2 in NYC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #61
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Dang here in Hanford CA I pay 17 for a 20lb exchange

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #62
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Just got back from Simplex. It took about 5 minutes and cost $20 for a 5lb fill. Nice guy too. Promised him a cold one for the next time. It's also only about 10 minutes, if that, from my house.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #63
mforsman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjn View Post
Just picked mine up. Kegging, here I come...Left it at lunch yesterday, picked it up at lunch today. For all who don't know, you have to go into the Parking Garage at 241 W 26th turn left and go up the stairs to the 2nd floor.
Just did this last week. It's clearly not their main business, but they were happy to take my $25 & refill my tank.

I started with an aluminum one, swapped for a nasty old one. But who cares, it's in the fridge. The first place I went was WAY out in Brooklyn.

Homebrew Site: forsmanbrewing.com

Old 06-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #64
lobotion
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 39

thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #65
Jon_TWR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Went to the Bronx office of McKinney today, and since I live on the other side of the Bronx (moved here from Brooklyn a couple of months ago), it was a bit of a hassle.

That said, they were great, and I'll probably hit up the Manhattan location next time--it's easier to go all the way to 42nd St on the 1 and catch a bus/walk than it was to take the 1 down until I could transfer to the 2 (which really doesn't go that close to McKinney).

On the bright side, saw lots of late model used cars from reliable brands for sale in the area, and SWMBO and I are in the market for a car, since she commutes to CT 3x a week.

Oh, I refilled 2 5# tanks for $15 each. Damn near exactly what I paid back in Pittsburgh at the beer store. No complaints here, as I've now got beer flowing out of two taps again!

Last edited by Jon_TWR; 07-03-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: forgot to mention McKinney by name

Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #66
Jon_TWR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Oh, and when I say I "refilled" two tanks, I mean I exchanged two tanks. A shiny aluminum tank and a rusty steel one, and got back two aluminum tanks! Wooo!

Awesome given that my route there involved WAY too much walking. The two full tanks weren't noticeably heavier than the two empties I brought back!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #67
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

After going to Simplex and having him refill in a few minutes I don't understand why some places only do exchanges. I guess you made out though. I had a brand new aluminum tank and didn't want to exchange it for an old steel one.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #68
Jon_TWR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just an update...this morning before work, I went to the Manhattan location of McKinney, and exchanged 2 5# co2 cylinders for $30. Quick and painless, but call before you go to the Manhattan location, because they only get so many each day.

So glad to be drinking draught beer again!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #69
mforsman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Just a heads up to anyone searching in the future. Bitters & Esters does swaps now. Since I'm out there almost every week it's way easier than going out of my way for any place in the city. I think it's around $24.

Homebrew Site: forsmanbrewing.com

Old 03-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #70
joey2gun
Recipes 

Found a great place to refill tanks in Brooklyn.Its at 2700 GERRITSEN AVE NEAR sheep'S head BAY. Knapp STREET EXIT ON THE BELT PARKWAY ask FOR jOE 1718-7108746

Quick Reply