Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Extral Line with Kegging Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
JayC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Extral Line with Kegging Kit

I went and bought kegging equipment at my not-so-local HBS about a month ago. I swear I paid attention at the time, but it was a month ago. I finally got around to putting everything together today, and I have the CO2 tank with the regulator attached, a gas-in line with connector, a beer-out line with connector and cobra tap and kegs.

I also have a heavy red flexible line, that I can't figure out what it's for. I want to say it has something to do with high pressure CO2, but I could be way off. I've got no extra connectors or anything that seem like they'd go with it. Anyone have any idea what this is for?

If the HBS was more local, I'd stop by, admit I'm a moron and ask, but it's a good 45 minutes away, and time and gasoline are in short supply.

I think I have it figured out. The red line fits on the regulator, and is supposed to be my gas in line. He gave me one too many clear beer lines, which ain't a big deal. Of course, while the red line fits on the regulator, it's too wide and just slips off the fitting for the gas in connection. I'll have to see if he's got a bigger barbed fitting, I suppose.

I'll ferment anything that moves!

Last edited by JayC; 06-28-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Addendum

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Typically the gas in lines are red and blue, so yes it's probably a gas in line. I tighten mine down with hose clamps.

Make Beer, Not War.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply