Is this a contam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerkbag

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414632106.827081.jpg

Never seen this when filling a keg before, but also my first all grain. Is that bits of grain in there? There is a sort of stringy film around it. Smells and tastes fine but seems weird.

Those chunks look like grain, but that reflective film is really strange.

How did you clean the keg before filling it?

Storing the keg in the fridge (which I'm sure you planned on) will slow the growth of a contaminant, if there is one there.

Those chunks look like grain, but that reflective film is really strange.

How did you clean the keg before filling it?

Storing the keg in the fridge (which I'm sure you planned on) will slow the growth of a contaminant, if there is one there.

yeah the film is weird right? The fermenting bucket was cold crashed for a couple of days, and brought out an hour before filling. Keg had been previously cleaned and sealed with starsan inside, and then a few more cups of starsan swished around before filling (that's why the bubbles). The film almost seems like a residue -- I was wondering if it was something to do with temperature changes, or maybe I didn't rinse oxiclean out of the keg well enough when I clean a month ago. . .

Back