Bottling question....need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been doing this a little while now AG....and never experienced the joy (being sarcastic:)) of bottling. I love kegging but am constantly hounded by friends and family about "give me some beer" or "let me pay for the ingredients and give me a case."

I have to go through the drawn out explanation that I only keg blah blah blah.

I have an idea on how to bottle but it sure as hell seems like alot of work and wasted beer. I was thinking.....instead of bottling with carbonation drops or priming sugars and over/under carbonating or making potential bombs is it possible to carb my kegs as normal, put it in a bottle and cap it or should I just avoid the hassle and buy one of these?
phpThumb.php

Next question is are they worth the money?

Do they work?

Does this thing stay on the bottle or do I just kinda supercharge with a little C02....remove cap and install original cap?

Thanks for the help

i mostly get real lazy and just pour the beer directly from the tap into a cold, sanitized bottle at very low PSI, it still maintains a good level of carbonation even for extended periods.

this is what I was planning on doing....does it work good for you?

Back