2 weeks in keg and No Carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marmike600

Reaction score
I kegged 4 beers two weeks (and one day) ago. They were at 36 degrees at the time that I hooked them up (same day) and have been the whole time. I put them all at 11psi and waited a week. Nothing. No fizz.

Ok, put them at 30psi for 24 hours and then dropped it down to 12psi for another week.

Checked yesterday and one keg of beer is carbonated. The other 3 have NOTHING.

No leaks, full 20lb tank, correct length/diameter beer line (7ft & 3/16id), etc.

WTF?!:confused::mad:

never had this issue...

have you verified that the kegs are getting the PSI? Do you have any additional valves that could be blocking this?

A picture may help... I'm sure someone else might be able to check in with a fix.

Good luck! One keg is better than no kegs!

I believe they are. I am new to kegging but everything is set up the same across the board so if one is getting carbed then they all should be.

Plus, i am able to pull small samples to test carbonation so there would have to be pressure in the keg right?

Pull small samples? From the tap?

Ball lock kegs? You can verify pressure ( you should have done this when purging, but I'm just double checking), pull the pressure release valve and see if the others are pressurized.

Sent from my XT1049 using Home Brew mobile app

Yes, pulled small samples from the tap.

Yes, balllock kegs. When I have pulled the pressure release, it always hisses out CO2.

Hmm.. So fluid comes out all three faucets, but the beer is flat? Did you try using the faucet that works with the flat one( ie, move the beer line over to the other kegs)? I have heard that people have had issues with cheap faucets.

What type of beers?

Have you used these kegs, taps, and faucets before?

Sent from my XT1049 using Home Brew mobile app

I had this happen with my batch, accidentally closed the valve halfway through carbing it. It still dispensed samples from the pressure already there but when carb went way down and so did the dispensing rate I knew something was up.

How fast does the beer come out relative to your carbed beers?

It's a caramel apple cider, black IPA, Belgian pale, & strawberry/rhubarb ale.
I have not switched up lines. Might try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Beer comes out at normal speed. No slow pours. No uber fast.

They are four perlic ss faucets.

I kegged 4 beers two weeks (and one day) ago. They were at 36 degrees at the time that I hooked them up (same day) and have been the whole time. I put them all at 11psi and waited a week. Nothing. No fizz.

Ok, put them at 30psi for 24 hours and then dropped it down to 12psi for another week.

Checked yesterday and one keg of beer is carbonated. The other 3 have NOTHING.

No leaks, full 20lb tank, correct length/diameter beer line (7ft & 3/16id), etc.

WTF?!:confused::mad:
How are you checking for leaks? Did you submerge the CO2 tank, regulator, gas lines, and gas fittings in water or did you just spray with soapy water and look for bubbles? If you used soapy water I would say try submerging everything to double check. I did the soapy water thing and thought all was well only to find out later I had a small leak when I submerged everything in the bath tub. If you have no leaks, the beer is at 36F, PSI at 11, and the beer lines are cold all the way to the taps, there should at least be some carbonation after two weeks. Do your beer lines run outside of the fridge/freezer to a tower or something of that sort?

Did the soapy water thing. No bubbles. It's a chest freezer rig so the only thing outside of it is the co2 tank.

I'll have to figure a way to submerge it. Not easy as things are run thru the wood collar of the keezer, screwed to it, etc.

Did the soapy water thing. No bubbles. It's a chest freezer rig so the only thing outside of it is the co2 tank.

I'll have to figure a way to submerge it. Not easy as things are run thru the wood collar of the keezer, screwed to it, etc.

Also, if you have four kegs, I'm assuming you are using a CO2 distributor. You said one keg carbed and the others did not. Try switching the gas line from the keg that carbed to another one of the kegs and see if that keg then carbs up. That may indicate something is up with the distributor.

Latest posts

Back