still bubbling after a month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naeco

Reaction score
It's been a month and my cider is still bubbling. This batch for a reason I ignore never really bubbled like crazy like my previous batch that usually goes crazy during the first week. This batch is bubbling the same today after a month than it did during the first week of fermentation.

I did not do a gravity reading as I believe the less I open the containers and the less chance I have to contaminate my precious cider. I usually test gravity at the end to make sure it completely dry before I rack to secondary but always try to do it as late as I can.

I'm using freshly pressed cider with S-04 yeast and the temp is a constant 17.

Any comments or reason that could explain the slow fermentation ?

My cider fermented for about 6 weeks, so that's not that weird. Yeast is a living thing with its own timetable, and it's not on your schedule.

I would guess that it is now just releasing co2 and not fermenting. the only real way to know now is to take a reading though...

Back