Soporific

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeniph

Reaction score
So. I drank some of my year old aged and spiced with cinnamon and cloves cider. And suddenly I want to fall asleep. All day. Anyone else have this reaction? What gives?

Can't say that I've had this happen. Maybe your cider was just so good that it puts the body in a state of euphoria and shutdown mode!

Also thought I would comment on your excellent word choice. I remember learning this word from the brilliant movie adaptation "Wit" starring Emma Thompson.

Hmmm... something in an alcoholic beverage that may make you sleepy...

I can't imagine what it could possibly be.

Haha. I used to work in a pub. 'A couple of pints' to some people is about 10. A good night out to these people would Probably kill me. :p

Dicky

I can attest that a single pint of my first wild yeast still cider (4% abv) gets me way more looped than two pints of my cultured yeast, carbed batch (6.5%). No idea why, but it's so.

About a pint and a half. It's about 10% abv though. But it still shouldn't be enough to try and put me out like a light. Just weird I guess.

Yes. They roofied it in bottle and snuck it in while it was in my garage lol. I think I might have an affect to it. Drank it over the next two days. Was a 1.5 liter bottle so that's a rather slow drink. And made me sick basically since Tuesday. So I'm going with a bad reaction to something in it. Weird cause the other bottle same batch had no bad effects. Ah well.

Did you use campden tablets in your cider? I have no idea what the allergic reactions to sodium metabisulfite are, but might be a remote possibility. Total shot in the dark though!

Aeniph said:
Yes. They roofied it in bottle and snuck it in while it was in my garage lol. I think I might have an affect to it. Drank it over the next two days. Was a 1.5 liter bottle so that's a rather slow drink. And made me sick basically since Tuesday. So I'm going with a bad reaction to something in it. Weird cause the other bottle same batch had no bad effects. Ah well.

Seems like a bad case of post hoc.

Reply edit. All the same. I do believe I used campden tablets. It was quite a while ago. But like I said. Same batch different bottle. No effects. Well. Except the normal alcoholic ones :). Maybe it got infected. Who knows. Either way. Not a fan of it as of this moment. Will try making another next year.

Latest posts

Back