best yeast for cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
OK, so I have a couple of strains in my arsenal, but I can pick up a different kind if it will make a better strain. I have some Dry Mead yeast, some Scottish Ale yeast and some Nottingham Dry Yeast. Will any of these make a superior cider?

I found gallon jugs of 100% organic apple juice with no added ingredients. I'm interested in fermenting these into cider, so should i buy a dedicated cider yeast instead of my on-hand varieties?

I just picked up 5 gallons of 100% organic apple juice myself. I've been meaning to start a cider for some time, and the stuff was 1/2 off, so it looks like no time is a better time than now. Time to get a recipe whipped up real quick...what are you planning on adding to your batch?

cutigers81 said:
I just picked up 5 gallons of 100% organic apple juice myself. I've been meaning to start a cider for some time, and the stuff was 1/2 off, so it looks like no time is a better time than now. Time to get a recipe whipped up real quick...what are you planning on adding to your batch?

Apple juice, yeast, and more apple juice to prime it with.

Latest posts

Back