Newb here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexorotten

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got a mr beer kit awhile back. I thought it would be fun and a good way to learn a little about brewing. A month later I was obsessed, and bought the midwest beginner kit off of groupon. It arrived yesterday, and I placed another order last night for some additional equipment and bought a turkey fryer with a 30 quart aluminum pot. I have a batch of mr. beer that I bottled last weekend, one ready to bottle this weekend, and another batch in the fermenter. I haven't even had a bottle of mr beer yet but decided to move up to bigger batches.

I plan on brewing the Midwest autumn amber ale. I can't wait. I also have the liberty cream ale on the way as well. I found this forum a week or so ago, and registered last night. I've learned a lot already, and I'm sure I'll have questions.

Cheers!

Mr Beer is a great gateway drug for home brewing. I did the exact same as you, but ordered a second Mr beer fermentor before I went all out and started collecting an all grain rig. I am already about 90% there and just ordered from Bargain fittings so I can convert the 50 Qt BK when it finally gets here. Stay away from a Cali vendor on Ebay called "Icydeals" They are chumps who have an integrity issue right now. Have fun with the new addiction.
Bob

I also started that way and recently upgraded from 2 gal to 5 gal I need to bottle soon..

Back