Introductions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamus62

Reaction score
Shamus here,
Just starting exploring the homebrew world, fantastic stuff. My dear sweet wife bought me a kit of Coopers for Christmas with all the trimmings, so here I am. I love beer, and probably partake over my share, but I've gotten in to the "science" side of it a bit. I have a 5 gal. Coopers Aussie Lager coming out of the Primary tommorow I think, and can't wait. Just "neat" is all I can say. Been lurking for a while, and I have to say thank you all for the great info and advice. Much appreciated.

Shamus62

Shamus62 said:
I love beer, and probably partake over my share, but I've gotten in to the "science" side of it a bit.
Shamus62

Howdy Shamus,
If you're making it you can take the lion's share of the spoils. I've been "sampling" the mine early today.:drunk:

Love of beer and appreciation of the science makes for a good brewer. If you can cook, all the better.

Welcome
My lovely wife bought the same for me and I just finished bottling the first brew. I feel hooked and much better informed than just 2 weeks ago. I should get the 2nd batch done this weekend.

Been practicing today with the siphon to move from the Primary to the Secondary,..think I've got it down pat. Got a good wiff of my beer while I'm waiting for the sanitizer to do its thing....man does it smell great. I can't wait to "scientifically" sample it ;) . (Quality control, I'm sure you'll understand :D ) I'm going with the 1-2-3 method here, and it worked out pretty well at the airlock too,...about 50-60 seconds between bubbles and the gunk dropped. In to the secondary tonight and two weeks into the bottles they go, right? Already dreaming about the next batch.....gonna stick with a kit again til I'm sure I got the procedures and sanitizing down. Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Back