Hi from the UK - new brewer on the page!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukbrewer

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am from Sheffield in Yorkshire in the UK.
After many years working for a large multi national company i have taken voluntary redundancy so i can finish a masters degree and more importantly open a brewpub with my good friend.
After visiting the states a few times i was inspired by your brewpubs which is something we are lacking over here.
There are thousands of pubs but only a handfull brew on premise and none where the brewhouse is on view which is something i want to change.
I have studied at Brewlab in the UK and brewed with several macro sized breweries but unbelievably have yet to do any home brew!
I am buying some equipment next week and intend to start putting together my recipie portfolio.
We should open in May 2008 so there's no time to spare and i wondered if anyone out there had any guidance or advice.
Thanks.

Welcome! It looks like you know what your doing all ready. There are a few UK guys on here including one Mod. Hopefully we all can get over there once and patronize your pub.

Latest posts

Back