Hi, from China!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaurez

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I want to start by thanking you for the info on these forums, it's been very helpful!

I'm from the UK but I've been living in China for the past few years. A trip around the country visiting as many brewpubs as I could find inspired me to begin making my own beer but I only recently moved into an apartment big enough to manage it.

My 1st brew was an amber ale which was not too bad, all things considered. My 2nd was an IPA which I bottled 2 weeks ago and I'm planning to try today. And my 3rd is a British-style brown ale which is still fermenting (pics below)

I managed to find all my equipment/ingredients online. I'm using a BIAB setup with a 40L electric water/soup heater for mashing and boiling to make 20L batches and a small fridge to keep the fermentation temps low because the summers where I am are 30-40'c.

My kitchen is kinda cramped so I'd like to move into a bigger space and upgrade my equipment to increase my output but my wife, being the voice of reason, suggested I wait until after I've brewed 10 batches first. I think my next beer will be another try of the amber ale now I've learned from some mistakes I made (my first grain bag melted/ripped at the bottom of the kettle - nightmare!).

Are there any other brewers based in China here?

Intro.png

Welcome to HBT! Looks like you're off to a good start. There was another member based in Wuhan, an English teacher I believe, haven't seen him on in a while but we have users from all over the world. Curious if there are homebrew shops in China? I've been to Hong Kong and Shenzhen a bunch of times, not much of a craft beer scene that I remember but hopefully that is changing.

Edit: @FatDragon is still active, you should connect with him.

Latest posts

Back