Hi from Stoke-on-trent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ror_y

Reaction score
Hey, Firstly, Fantastic site. Everything is so easy to understand and everybody seems so friendly. I'm Rory, a distinctly amature home brewer begining to dabble in All Grain brews after tiring of kits. I basically want to experiment. At the moment i've only got the potential to brew 5 gallons at a time but i'm hoping to double that in the new year and get a couple of brews on the go at the same time. Just finished my first All rbrew which was a bit of a disaster to be honest bad selection of hops and some bad advice on yeast (bakers yeast, never to be used again). But at least it's drinkable!. So basically I'm here to try out some new recipies and hopefully begin to be able to create my own once i've got some basics under control. Would love to hear from anybody about any recipies or tips/suggestions for beers or ciders mainly but I'm willing to give anything a bash, Looking to make a beer for christmas, So any thoughts on that would be massively appreciated. Any others from the UK on here?

Welcome to the forums! There's some UK'ers running around. Baker's Yeast does not make good beer.

If getting a good yeast is going to be tough for you, I would suggest washing your yeast and saving it.

Congrats on finding the site!

Welcome Rory! I drove past your town last spring on the M6. I remember seeing the sign. There are a few other UK-ers on here. Orfy's got a lot of knowledge, great recipes, and doesn't live terribly far from you.

If orfy can direct me to the recipe i'll give it a bash, as for the premiership I'm not a stoke fan, nor a stoke native. Just stuck here whilst at university. Originally from Edinburgh (hibs fan) but grew up mainly in Grimsby. Which is pretty much on a par with Stoke, but a few decent small/micro breweries. Tom Woods and Fugglestou beers are worth checking out if you ever get the chance.

Back