Greetings from NC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madEthelFlint

Reaction score
hi guys!

i'm new to home brewing and to the forums, though i've already gleaned a lot of good information from you all! i've been brewing since june '12 (<6 months) and have about 7 batches under my belt. so far, i've only done partial boil extracts. i'm the type of person who likes to understand the details of a process before jumping in full speed ahead, so that's what i've spent the last few months working on...learning and understanding the basics of the boil, fermentation, and bottling/kegging phases. i plan to go AG soon (budget permitting). been researching DIY mash tuns, so that's the first step. already have a 15gal pot, and will purchase the burner when i figure out the tun. i refer to John Palmer's "How to Brew" as my brewing bible. with that, these forums and my LHBS, i'm well on my way to becoming a better brewer!

what i've brewed so far (in order):
1 - Red RachAle (irish red -- the kit from northern brewer) -- name? my name's rachel.
2 - Golden Ale (batch #1, willamette valley hops)
3 - Out of the Closet IPA (60min clone) -- name? primary started in a closet and then i moved it to the basement
4 - White Wedding Ale (belgian witbier) -- name? got married recently, and gave out this bottle beer as the favor
5 - Gypsy IPA (English IPA) -- name? the kit was named caravan ipa, and i liked gypsy better
6 - Golden Citrale (slightly modified batch #2 of the golden ale) -- name? dry hopped with citra and it's probably my best beer so far, so it got a proper name
7 - Golden Wheat

all the kits except for the first came from my LHBS (they are awesome!). they are also doing a Cider Day in 2 weeks, which i'm going to. i'll be picking up some freshly apple juice, and will do my first cider! really excited to become part of the brewing community both in person and online!

cheers! :mug:

i'm just north of charlotte around lake norman. been to a couple of brew club meetings in the area including the iredell brewers united (IBUs!) and the carolina brewmasters. you?

There's a pile of us who live around Raleigh / Durham / Cary and the surrounding areas. We are collectively known as GRABASS (Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Suds Sippers). You can probably find our hideout on the webs.

Back