Greetings and help from SW Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingj29

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a novice homebrewer. I brewed a brown ale today (my 3rd batch). My first batch was a Northwest Pale - turned out very weird and not very good.

My second batch (Citra IPA) is approaching day 7 in the primary.

My third batch (brown ale) I did today. I dropped the yeast vial into the carboy and it sunk! I only drank 2 beers while brewing....shouldn't be a factor.

Thoughts? Should I just transfer to another carboy or is the damage already done (obviously the yeast vial was not sanitized).

Thoughts?

I am an idiot.

One step that some people employ is to actually put the yeast pasckage in sanitizer prior to pitching in order to make sure there is no source for contamination. What kind of primary are you using? If you had a glass 6 gallon carboy as a primary. the yeast vials wont fit through the hole. If you wanted to, you could bring your wort to a quick boil again to kill any nasties, cool it down and pitch. Greetings, welcome to the forum. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum! :rockin:Don't worry too much about the tube and just leave it. If it's infected, it'll stay that way regardless if you go fishing. If it's not you may infect it by fishing. Check out plato's republic by the way. You can link to it from Bader's webpage.

Latest posts

Back