Best price on copper for wort chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godrick

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good prices on copper for a wort chiller? Best I could find was coppertubingsales: 50' of 1/2" tubing @ 70.00 (includes shipping).

I was going to say, Lowes is cheaper than that around here for 50'

i got 50' of the heavy duty stuff (can't remember if it's 1/2 or 5/8) at lowes for like 50 bucks... i was surprised how cheap it was and the 3/8 was going for a really good price also... 30 something IIRC.

I'm in Ma,and selling mine.It's 50' of 1/2"copper.With my new set up i need a counterflow.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out Home Depot.

Addicted,
Where in MA are you?

Cheers:mug:

People always post about getting killer clearance deals on copper tubing at Lowes and Home Depot but it never happens near me. Make sure you compare apples to apples. Don't think you're getting a deal because you can get 50 feet of 3/8" OD that's cheaper than some 50 ft x 1/2" OD somewhere else. If you're building an IC for 10 gallon batches, you want 1/2" OD.

Best place to get copper cheap is a scrap yard. Trust me I know, I run one. I buy rolls of copper all day for $2.50 a pound and sell it for $4 a pound to plumbers. Look up recycling in the phone book and see if you can find one local.

Back