My Collapsible Stand Design- Need your input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakit24

Reaction score
So the time has come for me to start look into actually building a brew stand. I have searched high and wide on this forum for ideas and have compiled them all into what I think will work best for me.

My main concern is that I will be moving a lot in the next 10 years and won't always have a lot of space so a small footprint and collapsibility were important. I plan on building this from 1.5in steel tube and of course add on burners and wheels.
The part where the frame is not connected is meant to come apart for storage and then fit together by having a smaller tube welded inside the 1.5in one that fits into the other side. I still have to come up with some locking mechanism to hold the parts together when it is assembled for brewing. Since I only just started using Google Sketch it is a crude drawing, but it gets idea across. (oh and posts to hold the keggles up will be added too of course).

So here is what I got. Can anyone see what problems I may come across or have ideas on how to improve on the design. I plan on doing 5-10gal batches with a HERMs system in the HLT and Fly Sparge at the end.

Stand3d.jpg

Stand3d2.jpg

Stand3dtop.jpg

Stand3dside.jpg

There we go let's try that :)
Sorry for the delay my internet got shut off last night by a storm.

Oh and no just one batch at a time.

I'd move the pump to the inside of the frame to protect it from getting hit. Is there any reason why the MLT frame comes off? It seems small enough that it wouldn't be worth the effort to make it removable. The BK/HLT frame don't need to be locked together. Do you have your kettles spec'd out- perhaps you can nest one with the MLT to save more space? You can also go to 1" tube and still be fine.

Yea good idea with the pump.
About the top part being able to come off...yea I was thinking the same thing, but then I also thought maybe make it so that it comes off the bottom HLT part so that I can lay it sideways.
Hmmm yea I guess you are right about the two parts not having to be together. I think it would be nice in some cases just so I can wheel it around as one unit.
And yes I would mühe rather use 1" to save some money. Good to hear that.

Latest posts

Back