nobody said it had to be pretty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deece

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414797864.264140.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414797903.940366.jpg

here is the quick and dirty Keezer I build for my buddy's shop. it's not pretty but it works great and was pretty cheap to build. It's controlled by a STC 1000 which works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Some people do the moisture barrier tape on the inside of the collar. Any issues with moisture?

I have none in mine, seems fine. I get a little frost/ice build up on the floor sometimes, but it's really no big deal. I keep my beer pretty cold, around 35F, so it's all usually frozen and doesn't build up too much.
That kegerator looks just fine. Nothing ugly about it.

I had been getting a fair bit of moisture in the bottom but that was before the collar with the co2 line running between the lid and base. It hasn't been too bad lately though. The latest problem I had was I moved the temp probe up a bit and just about froze a fresh keg of 2 hearted. I think I need to get a fan in there to circulate the air.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you say that build cost you?

From what I remember:

STC was like 15 bucks
Old freezer was 80
Gas reg was donated
Gas manifold was 30
Keg couplers and lines were given to me
Shanks we 60 but I still have 3
And I used a scrap of 2x10 for the collar that was laying around

So right around 185 total for me but I got off light having some stuff laying around and or having it given to me.

Back