Last week to Enter the Spike Brewing 20 Gallon Sight Glass Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Need advice on modifying mini-fridge with "freezer" top for kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
FScholle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I did not want to take the chance on mine and built a wooden collar of about 8 inches to make it deeper, just like the keezer guys do, the reattached the door. Used the wood collar to add a coffin box for the taps on top of the fridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
FScholle
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There it is. Note that the coffin box sits on top of the collar,not the actual fridge.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #13
natefrog255
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am modifying my old mini fridge and same issue, freezer at the top. Its a U shape, Kenmore fridge. I was able to get the freeze detatched easy but getting it manuevered has been a chore. Its a 13 year old fridge so afraid the hoses may be brittle but so far holding up.

My main issue is the freezer plate is large and I don't want to bend it back any farther to tape to the back wall. Right now the freezer plate is hanging in the back, it seemed to work when I plugged it and the keg fit. So I may leave well enough alone. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to fit the co2 tank in this fridge. Its small 3.3 cubic feet but I didn't want to drop $350 on the Nostalgia model which has cheap parts I've heard nor did I want to drop $200+ for a new fridge to F it up.

Homebrewer Since Fall 2011. Started All-Grain in Winter of 2014.

Quick Reply