Copycat Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the wire for your temperature probe going over near your CO2 distribution block, but where does it end up? Is it in water, air, etc.? I am trying to find the best place for my temp probe.

Beautiful build BTW!

The Ranco probe cannot be placed in water. I just dangle it over the edge of the wood strip, so it's hanging in open air.

Hey Crashmeister...I have one suggestion. I used to leave my temp. probe just dangling in the air in the freezer, but found that the compressor was cycling too frequently. There is a lot of convection going on in the freezer compartment with cold air sinking and warmer air rising. I was getting large temp. swings on my controller and it would overshoot my pre-set temp. by several degrees when the compressor cycled. If I were you, I would tape the probe about 2/3 down the outside of one of your kegs and then cover the probe with an adequate amount of insulation. You will notice a lot less compressor cycling and the probe will then give you a more accurate reflection of your beer temp. as opposed to the ever fluctuating temp. of the freezer compartment. Remember, this is a chest freezer that is not designed to cycle as freqently as a fridge. Doing this will add to the life of your freezer and increase your accuracy with temp. adjustments. Good luck.... and again, it's a beautiful build! :mug:

but found that the compressor was cycling too frequently.

I have mine set to a 2 degree variance and it does not seem to cycle much.

The weight of the lid seals the top quite well, plus the ribbed foam I installed under the ply, around the hole, seals that off, so I am getting very little temperature loss.

When it was just the freezer, I got a lot of moisture inside. Since I completed the keezer, there has hardly been any at all. The Damp-Rid I put in there is not doing much at all.

Getting a good seal is key to less frequent cycling of the compressor.

Anyone have blueprints or a part list for this kinda thing? It's really a work of art, and I'd like to copycat it as well

I figured it out as I went along. Had to scrap one tap box and start again.

My guess is that most folks do the same.

Key thing is to measure everything very carefully and remember to allow enough space to get the freezer in and out. Also check drip tray placement, mine is a bit too far back.

When I build version 2 (not any time soon), I may make a full list.

Anyone have blueprints or a part list for this kinda thing? It's really a work of art, and I'd like to copycat it as well

Starting the tiling. Did the tap box first. Some of the insulation can be seen here.

StainedAndTBTile_1677.jpg

Tiles on and drying. Sides were cut to the correct height and glued on last. The entire tap box is removable.

GraniteTileSetting_1680.JPG

where did you get drip tray?and is there tile on back side of drip tray or just butted up to back.

I figured it out as I went along. Had to scrap one tap box and start again.

My guess is that most folks do the same.

Key thing is to measure everything very carefully and remember to allow enough space to get the freezer in and out. Also check drip tray placement, mine is a bit too far back.

When I build version 2 (not any time soon), I may make a full list.

How did you run your rope lighting under your taps? Did you use a router to shove the ends back thru your box? I would love to see a pic. I pretty much copied your exact construction

Back