Wicked Tea (beta) (Twisted Tea clone)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HERE is the updated link. :ban:

Update: adding some fresh brewed tea to the final result makes a drink that goes down easy and hits you hard.

Okay so I just joined this forum after reading this thread while I was looking for a twisted tea recipe, and I had an Aha! moment. The website says twisted tea is made from a clear malt with added tea flavours....could you in theory do that in order to keep the tea flavour in so you don't lose it during fermentation? Just a thought....

I just read this whole thread. I am also new to wine marking and brewing. However, I do live in South Texas and iced tea is required to survive the summer, and I make outstanding ice tea. So, take this for it's worth.

I figure you guys are going at all backasswards. I ain't never drank no ice tea that was worth a flip after a month. Why don't you brew a gallon of sugar water and pitch the yeast. Let it work. When it's finished, make a gallon of double strong double sweet iced tea and mix the two together. You may wind up with something don't look or drink like muddy creek water.

After all, what is the point in making something that don't taste like iced tea? Heck, I think you would be better off if you just bottled the juice and added it your sweet tea when you was ready to drink it....now you are gonna have the good tea flavor. Like I said, I don't know squat about wine making or brewing yet....but, I was weaned on good ice tea!

So one year I made hard lemonade and when I bottled them I put a teabag in the bottle with the string hanging out and capped over it. Let them sit week in the fridge to cold steep and turened out just right.

I imagine you'd have to be relatively prompt about the consumption so it doesnt oversteep, but that's the idea right? ;)

Back