Strawberry Daiquiri Mix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winenoob66

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

My local grocery store had this on sale. It is the Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri Mix Concentrate. I know this is not 100% juice. But to the best of my knowledge it also doesn't contain and preservatives either. Ingredients are as follows:

Sweeteners (High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar), Water, Strawberries, Less Than 2% of Lime And Lemon Pulp, Concentrated Lime Juice, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid (Provides Tartness), Potassium Citrate (Regulates Tartness), Red 40, Green 3.

OK what I am wanting to do it run a 1 Gallon test batch of this to see if it is worth doing a 5 gallon batch and I am wondering if anyone else has already done this. I picked up 4 cans but if someone else has already done this to some success then I will go buy em out at the store. lol

If those are the only ingredients, then that will probally ferment. However, with the sweetness of the sugars fermented out, this so unds like it would be awfully tart. That's the one big sticking point that I can see.

Try a small batch and see what you think. Homebrewing is all about experimentation! :)

Cool and thx for the reply. My intentions is to backsweeten with more of the same Daiquiri mix.

I am thinking a mix like this

4 Cans Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
Sugar to get to a 1.090 on the Hydrometer
Yeast Nutrient and energizer
1/2 tsp tanning
Pectin enzyme (just as a precaution to pectin haze)
water to 1 gallon
Lalvin ec-1118

Put all ingredients into Primary except yeast and stir vigorously to dissolve everything and let sit for 12 to 24 hrs
Make yeast starter and let it sit till nice and foamy then pitch it and cover.
when must hits 1.010 rack into a clean and sanitized carboy
After must has gone dry rack onto campden and sorbate then mix in Sparkloid
wait 2 weeks then rack again and backsweeten with 1 can of strawberry daiquiri mix
wait 2 days to make sure it is not refermenting then bottle.

how does this sound? I wrote this out off the top of my head all measurements of chemicals will be according to label directions.

Yes it will work as it was discussed here before. Also instead of using the mix in the primary you can just do a sugar water mixture and then back sweeten with the strawberry mix. There was also talk of doing a 5 gallon sugar water mixture and breaking it down to 5, 1 gallons jugs and back sweeten with 5 different frozen drink flavors.

Back