maple syrup wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdix

Reaction score
So I've been kicking an idea around in my head and searching the internet and can't find a recipe for a maple syrup wine. Any ideas or have anyone tried it. Its not even on jack keller's infinite recipe list.

Maple coffee wine:

1 gallon maple syrup
2 gallons fresh brewed coffee
2# dark brown sugar
Champagne Yeast
1 tbl sp yeast nutrient

This is one that I have formulated. It's not straight maple but whatever. I end up turning most of it in to coffee liquor!

Maple coffee wine:

1 gallon maple syrup
2 gallons fresh brewed coffee
2# dark brown sugar
Champagne Yeast
1 tbl sp yeast nutrient

This is one that I have formulated. It's not straight maple but whatever. I end up turning most of it in to coffee liquor!

So how much does this cost? And why coffee?

A gallon of maple syrup will prob run you around 40-50 bucks unless you have a hookup or can use a food distributor. I use coffee because I wanted to make my own "Kailua" but better. Also, the flavors go together and it cuts down on your syrup cost. You only need to buy one gallon vs 2-3 in other recipes.

There are a few maple mead recipes here (plus I think their entire recipe collection is interesting): http://hbd.org/brewery/library/beeslees.html

When you use maple syrup for fermentation you do NOT want to use the US Grade A syrup if you can avoid it; buy the Grade B DARK/AMBER syrup. The darker Grade B syrup is preferred because it is more robust in flavor. Some online maple syrup sites even offer a commercial grade syrup, even better! Good overview here: http://www.maplesource.com/markets/industrial-market/maple-syrup/maple-syrup-grades.php

Commercial is cheaper. I think I will call some of these "sugar shacks" here in the area. I wonder if any one has a hook up here in maine on this sight. It would make things easier.

Huh maple mead. LOL! Something really expensive added to something else really expensive! You really don't want to mess one of those batches up. Sounds Dee lish us!

I've only had it once and it was realy good...always wanted to make it but it's never made it to the top of my realy long list of things to brew.

Back