Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Ideas for playing with a Pressed Pulp 2nd Batch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
tokerlund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Happy to report it is fermenting. . . a lot.

Blew the airlock the first night with some spillage and then again the next day, but with little spillage.

I haven't had to deal with fruit or pressing getting into the airlock. I am learning a lot on this go round!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
tokerlund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Well I racked them all over:
Beta Grape Wine
Lemon Mead
Strawberry Mead/Beta Grape Pulp

The wine tasted surprisingly good and reminded me of a Cabernet Savigon, although still very harsh and with a bite.

The Mead has me worried. It smelled good, but the taste was very harsh and unpleasant. It made me worried that the rind of the lemon might have give it an odd taste. I know I am 18mo away from being ready, but this is my first go-round so I am nervous.

Strawberry Mead/Beta Grape Pulp is an experiment and a shot in the dark. It smelled off and tasted much like the Mead. Again, we'll see what the next few months bring, but I am hoping for "drinkable" at best.

This is my first jump into wine and mead (other than cider) and I would love any thoughts or advice about what I have done so far and what I should do going forward. All the advice I have received so far has been much appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply