honeywell valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a9a1c1

Reaction score
Hello, looking at using some honeywell valves with either a brewpi(raspberry pi) or brewtroller, and I tried searching but nobody seems to be using honeywell vr4200 valves (120v valves). I do not want to change them since I have a slew of them for free,(brand new too) my question is has anybody wired them up, I would think you would need a ssr to switch them open and not use the standard relays used for the vr8200 valves. Everything will be either low pressure propane or ng(not sure which since I have burners for both). Any help would be greatly appreciated in this build. Thanks!

The VR4200 valves will work just like the VR8200, both need SSR or relay between chip output and AC load. Both are piped the same way, use the same pilot burner and thermocouple, have same inlet and outlet pipe size.
The advice I would have is to be careful with grounding gas piping and valves as you will be using line voltage to operate them, and use a 5 amp rated SSR or relay for long term contact reliability, higher current ratings look like overkill but would be more reliable. A higher current rated SSR ( 20 - 30 amp) would work just as well as a 5 amp for this purpose, probably would be cheaper and easier to buy.

Cool, thats what I figured too. I also though since its line voltage I should be able to use a light switch to control them too. I wont have an automatic control at first then add an ssr to control it. Thanks

Latest posts

Back