Reverse Polarity Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakbarn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have several CR05 valves that have Five wires that use reverse polarity to open and close the valve.

Yellow, Blue to control the Valve and Red, Green and Black for LED Indicator Lights

You open the valve by connecting the Positive to the Yellow Wire (+) and the Negative to the Blue Wire (-).
You reverse Polarity to Close the Valve: Yellow Wire (-) and the Negative to the Blue Wire (+).

I also have a DPDT Relay Board.

What I am trying to figure out is how to wire more than a single valve using a single power supply.

I had no trouble with a single valve. The issue comes when I wire the second valve. Reversing the Polarity causes a dead short.

Has any one used Reverse Polarity Valves (note the plural) and how did you control them?

Can you post the valve schematic so we are sure of that CR05 wiring? Even though it’s a “standard”, there are unfortunately different versions. Also post a schematic of how you are wiring.

Not sure why you are getting a short. Shouldn’t happen.

Latest posts

Back