New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Any homebrewers in the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein, Germany area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #91
chriswilkes33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJoyce85 View Post
No, I haven't. Let me know what you find out. I work in Ramstein so I can just run it down there when I need to.
Ill try to remember to throw the bottle in the jeep on my way out the door tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #92
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

The wiesbaden FD is no good. They apparently only fill chemicals there. The linde gas place in kostheim will rent bottles for .30 cents a day and a fill is 67 euro...that's for a 10kg bottle. Madness. I'm starting to think ill just bottle beers again for the next couple years. Such a pain in the ass here for something that is so easy in the states.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #93
socalboarder
Recipes 

I'm not sure on the price to fill a 3kg bottle (thats what i have), but i paid 160.00 Euro for the bottle (filled) and a new regulator. I'm headed off to Italy next so i figured it would be worth the cost since I'll be in Europe until late 2017. In Kaiserslautern there is a bar supply company called Walter Busch & Söhne. They have a website, but its useless. I went down there and they ordered one for me. As for refilling the bottle, I know you can fill it at Drumm. Its a welding supply shop in K-town, and they will fill small CO2 bottles. The bottles have to be EU bottles as they cant fill the USA ones.

On a side note, I'll be headed to the US next week and I plan on bringing back a bunch of hops and yeast. On my way back from Frankfurt I'm going to try and stop and pick up some grains from the Best Malz in Wallertheim. I Plan on brewing next weekend (16th or 17th) if anyone in the area is interested.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #94
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalboarder
I'm not sure on the price to fill a 3kg bottle (thats what i have), but i paid 160.00 Euro for the bottle (filled) and a new regulator. I'm headed off to Italy next so i figured it would be worth the cost since I'll be in Europe until late 2017. In Kaiserslautern there is a bar supply company called Walter Busch & Söhne. They have a website, but its useless. I went down there and they ordered one for me. As for refilling the bottle, I know you can fill it at Drumm. Its a welding supply shop in K-town, and they will fill small CO2 bottles. The bottles have to be EU bottles as they cant fill the USA ones.

On a side note, I'll be headed to the US next week and I plan on bringing back a bunch of hops and yeast. On my way back from Frankfurt I'm going to try and stop and pick up some grains from the Best Malz in Wallertheim. I Plan on brewing next weekend (16th or 17th) if anyone in the area is interested.
For the grains, make sure you call the Heidelberg office ahead so they can prepare an invoice and schedule your pick up in Wallertheim. They were really helpful there though.

The local brewery here is gonna help with the gas I think, they are basically going to float me a free 10kg bottle (with a pfand) and just have me pay for the gas, 35 euro a fill. I brought my regulator over there and it seems like it will work with a different nut, in going to try and fin a place that sells the nuts tomorrow and finish it all, seems like that is the best answer. I was having a bad (American stuck in Germany trying to get stuff done) day yesterday and needed to vent a little. Not sure why I never thought to turn to a local small pro brewer for help...

Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #95
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswilkes33

For the grains, make sure you call the Heidelberg office ahead so they can prepare an invoice and schedule your pick up in Wallertheim. They were really helpful there though.

The local brewery here is gonna help with the gas I think, they are basically going to float me a free 10kg bottle (with a pfand) and just have me pay for the gas, 35 euro a fill. I brought my regulator over there and it seems like it will work with a different nut, in going to try and fin a place that sells the nuts tomorrow and finish it all, seems like that is the best answer. I was having a bad (American stuck in Germany trying to get stuff done) day yesterday and needed to vent a little. Not sure why I never thought to turn to a local small pro brewer for help...
Also, I don't mind making pickups for you guys if its hard for you to get to Wallertheim during the weeks. You can work out the invoice, I'll go pick it up and float the cash/store the grain until you can get up here to get it, or I head that way... Open offer for any of y'all.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #96
PJoyce85
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswilkes33

Also, I don't mind making pickups for you guys if its hard for you to get to Wallertheim during the weeks. You can work out the invoice, I'll go pick it up and float the cash/store the grain until you can get up here to get it, or I head that way... Open offer for any of y'all.
If you ever pick up some of their RedX, I will gladly buy some off you!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #97
clinesmith
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Anyone know a place near Kaiserslautern when I can get supplies. Or a website with not so crazy shipping to APO. Any help would be great

Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #98
PJoyce85
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinesmith
Anyone know a place near Kaiserslautern when I can get supplies. Or a website with not so crazy shipping to APO. Any help would be great
Check out keg connection. I have my whole kegging set up from them. $7.99 flat rate shipping.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #99
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinesmith View Post
Or if you mean brewing stuff http://www.hobbybrauerversand.de

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #100
AmericanBrewersGermany
Recipes 

Default American Brewers in Germany on FB

I recently created a facebook page secifically for Brewers in Germany that will cater specifically to Americans living in central Europe. visit it and join so you can post your brew.

American Brewers in Germany

Cheers - R

Quick Reply