Buffalo Brewfest Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
Ok so. Parked at University station for the train and caught that down to the arena. Stop and have lunch at Pearl St. Grill. Nice but there Hefe isnt the best. Get all the way down there and realized I forgot my ticket!!!! Yes I might actually be retarded. So my roommate and myself get in the Buying Tickets Line. Which turns out was 1/10th the size of the Have Tickets Line. We were 3 and 4 in that line. So we were literally the 7 and 8th people into the building and one of the first to get beer. Everyone was given a pint glass with the logo for BrewFest on it which was damn cool and 20 tokens that you used for each sample of beer. First stop, Wagner Brewing, Stout. I am guessing that this is a RIS but not entirely sure. There write up sucked. Very smooth, Roasty, nice chocolate notes. After that the order became kind of mudled. But I hit as far as I can remember, Sam Adams, Ellicottville Brewing Co (everyone of there beers), Middle Ages Brewing, Ithaca Brewing, Alternative Brews, Custom Brew Crafters, Ommegang, Wagner Brewing, Long Trail Brewing, Spaten (munich and Oktoberfest), Franszikaner(sp) Woodchuck pear, dark and regular ciders, Pizza Plant Brews, Blue Moon( Harvest moon ok!) and a few others that I cannot remember.:tank:

Highlight of the day was Dogfish Head's Punkin Brown Ale. Great fall beer, possible a little to much clove flavor but otherwise really really really good.:drunk:

Low note was stepping in a pool of urine in the mens room, Yes I was wearing flipflops.:( and a beer called Swarski, I think its actually a BMC product, Horrible!!! Literally tasted like unfermented wort. No lie. Exactly like unfermented wort that had no hops

All in all I ended up half tanked in 3 hours. Left like 5pm. Another note. It was so damn busy and packed in there that you could barely move. It took me 35 minutes to get from one end to the other. Really need to be somewhere bigger next year.:tank:

Back