New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Chicago - Wrigley-ville?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #41
Rhoobarb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
Got back from Chicago yesterday... Twisted Spoke, Redmonds, and Waterhouse. I did go to a great steakhouse called Wildfire.
Glad to hear you got to sample some good beer! Never been to Twisted Spoke myself, but they are supposed to have a great selection. Wildfire is a pretty good chain of upscale steakhouses; I have one near work. After the GI IPA, Old Style would seem pretty weak!

Last edited by Rhoobarb; 06-07-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #42
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
Got back from Chicago yesterday and it was a good time. Goose Island IPA is awesome! Never made it to the Goose Island bar but made plenty of purchases at the liquor store on the corner. I tried the IPA, the 312 Urban Wheat, and we also got a keg of the Honker's Ale which was good. Also got to try my first and probably laste tastes of Old Style at a Cubs game.
The only bars I made it to were the Twisted Spoke, Redmonds, and Waterhouse. I did go to a great steakhouse called Wildfire.
Wildfire rocks. There's one close to my house and we go there whenever we're feeling semi-snazzy.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #43
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'll be back in Chicago (North Side) Friday night through Tuesday morning.... I've given up on trying to get Bears tickets and even Cubs tickets are going for $100 each..... Where's a good place to watch the Bears whoop up on the Cowboys?

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #44
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
I'll be back in Chicago (North Side) Friday night through Tuesday morning.... I've given up on trying to get Bears tickets and even Cubs tickets are going for $100 each..... Where's a good place to watch the Bears whoop up on the Cowboys?
Everywhere, to put it bluntly. We're divided on Cubs / Sox, but we're all Bears fans.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Quick Reply