Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin HomeBrew Forum > Longneck's (New Berlin, WI)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 AM   #1
Exo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Longneck's (New Berlin, WI)

The "house" beers were just not great. They only had two of the four listed on tap. I tried the amber ale, but it didn't holler "amber" to me and was under-hopped. The next two beers were Smuttynose IPA's.

Their "pilsner" starts with: "This ale..." Ok, how is a pilsner an ale?

Food...well I was sorely disappointed in the special of the day, all-you-can-eat shrimp. No fries?!?! The shrimp tasted pre-cooked and simply boiled.

My wife's Shrimp Scampi was overly greasy. I tasted a mix of butter, olive oil and veggie oil in there. The rest of the ingredients were fair and the red onion was a good addition.

1/2 star out of 5

Wasp Bitten IPA (a Walker-San clone);Cheesefood's Caramel Creme; Wee Heavy Scottish Ale;
Bottled/Conditioning:
Flyin' Hornet Pale Ale(Mirror Pond clone);Oktoberfest Ale
Drinking:
Boom-Boom Apricot Hefeweisen; Forbidden Ale;Pale-Ass Ale (SNPA Clone); Ol' Man Winter Ale
On-deck:
Dead Guy clone
Planning:
Walker's Espresso Stout; BrewPastor's Bastard Lager
Quote:
But honey, how else am I going to get enough bottles for my next batch? *burp*...*fart*

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply